Consecutive construction work on Townline Road will close the northern sections of the road until 2022.
Just the facts:
• This year, Durham Region has several back-to-back construction projects on Townline Road North: 1. A new main sanitary sewer from Beatrice Street East to Coldstream Drive. 2. A new local sanitary sewer north of Beatrice Street East to Taunton Road. 3. A new storm sewer, local water main and reconstruction of a road on Townline Road North, from Taunton Road to Coldstream Drive.
• The border road runs between Oshawa and Courtice in the Municipality of Clarington.
• Townline Road will be closed to staged through traffic between Beatrice Street East and Coldstream Drive. Transit traffic is diverted on marked routes. Access for local traffic and emergency vehicles will be maintained.
• Businesses in the region will remain open throughout construction.
• The intersection of Beatrice Street and Townline Road should reopen to through traffic by the end of September.
• Construction along Townline Road to Taunton is expected to last until November.
• The final restoration work north of Taunton Road to Coldstream Drive will not be completed until spring 2022.