I like weapons and think every American should own at least one. I enjoy shooting rifles instead of pistols. Pistols are only good for close range, a rifle can reach out and touch you up to one mile away.
- AK-47 – Type: Semi or Fully Automatic Assault Rifle Country of Origin: Soviet Union Caliber: 7.62 x 39 mm (.30 inch) Cartridge Capacity: 30 rounds Muzzle Velocity: 2,329 feet per second Rate of Fire: 600 rounds per minute. With over 75 million built worldwide, the AK-47 (a.k.a., “Kalashnikov”) is a firearms legend that has probably inflicted more lethal results than any other single weapon system ever produced.
- M16 – Type: Semi or Fully Automatic Assault Rifle Country of Origin: United States Caliber: 5.56 x 45 mm (.223 inch) Cartridge Capacity: 20-30 rounds Muzzle Velocity: Approximately 3,281 feet per second Rate of Fire: 700-950 rounds per minute. The rifle fulfilled the U.S. military’s desire to develop a lightweight modern assault rifle. The M16 has proven to be an outstanding performer with superb accuracy, handling, service length and combat effectiveness.
- LEE-ENFIELD SMLE – Type: Bolt-Action Rifle Country of Origin: United Kingdom Caliber: 7.7 x 56 mm (.30 inch) Cartridge Capacity: 10 rounds Muzzle Velocity: approximately 2,438 feet per second Rate of Fire: 15-20 rounds per minute. The standard infantry weapon of British troops from World War I to the 1956 built its reputation on reliability, accuracy and a phenomenal rate of fire. Its magazine carried 10 bullets, the largest capacity of any rifle on the battlefield during the first half of the 20th century.
- FN FAL – Type: Semi or Fully Automatic Rifle Country of Origin: Belgium Caliber: 7.62 x 51 mm (.30 inch) Cartridge Capacity: 20 rounds Muzzle Velocity: Approximately 2,700 feet per second Rate of Fire: 650-700 rounds per minute. is Belgian manufactured and is one of the classic weapons of the Cold War, used by over 50 countries. The rifle gave good service to the Australian army in the jungles of Vietnam, and to Israeli troops during the Six-Day War.
- M1 GARAND – Type: Semiautomatic Rifle Country of Origin: United States Caliber: 7.62 x 63 mm (.30-06 inch) Cartridge Capacity: 8 rounds Muzzle Velocity: Approximately 2,838 feet per second Rate of Fire: 30 rounds per minute. Adopted by the U.S. Army in 1936, the M1 Garand was the first successful semiautomatic rifle issued in any quantity. General Patton remarked at the end of World War II that the M1 may have been the greatest battle implement ever devised.