The boss you work for is never your friend. Your boss has the power to fire you from your job and so you need to know how to answer your boss when asked to do something. The top five things your boss doesn’t want to hear from you are listed. Saying these things to your boss can cause you to lose your job or never get promoted.
- That isn’t my job- When saying this to your boss you are testing your bosses authority and they do not like that.
- Thats not my problem- When saying this to your boss you are showing disrespect and proving you are not a team player.
- I don’t get paid enough for this- One of the worse things you can say to your boss and it might get you fired on the spot. At the very least you will be considered for termination if you make mistake in the future after saying this.
- It can’t be done-This statement means you have no faith in your bosses intelligence. You are saying you are smarter than your boss and you are a quitter by nature.
- Mumbling under your breath- When you do this your boss thinks you are calling him a idiot or worse. This can get you put in the spotlight real quick and terminated.