The top 5 fastest cars in the world is a forever changing list. But for right now the top five fastest automobiles in the world are listed below.
- Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 – is a rear mid-engined supercar. It is the second most expensive modern car in the world at $1,600,000. The Super Sport version is the fastest road-legal car in the world, with a top speed of 431.07 km/h (267.85 mph).
- SSC Ultimate Aero – an American-built mid-engine supercar by Shelby SuperCars. The higher-performance limited production version, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT produces more emissions-legal horsepower than any other production automobile in the world with a recorded speed of 412.28 km/h (256.18 mph).
- Koenigsegg CCX – is a mid-engined roadster from Swedish car manufacturer Koenigsegg. The CCX has been engineered to comply with the U.S. regulation is a newer design. At a price of $1,820,000 and $2,050,000 for top of the line model and a top speed of 250 mph.
- Saleen S7 Twin Turbo – is a limited-production, hand-built, high-performance American automobile developed jointly by Steve Saleen for the initial concept and direction achieving a top speed 248 mph.
- McLaren F1 – is a super car designed and manufactured by McLaren Automotive. The car features numerous proprietary designs and technologies; it was designed and built with no compromises. Achieving a top speed of 240 Mph.